[MEncoder-users] Cannot pass bitrate via command line when using mencoder's profiles

Markus Bonet m.bonet at t-online.de
Sat Dec 11 18:26:19 CET 2010

Am 11.12.2010 17:16, schrieb Reimar Döffinger:

> Well, I didn't implement it, but I think that anything else is quite silly,
> so yes.

OK, until this might get fixed I created a workaround for me. I created
my profile file as template with a placeholder for the bitrate and
during runtime this placeholder will be replaced with the actual
bitrate. Works fine.

Just for my own understanding: In previous versions mencoder did the
parsing of the arguments (command line and profile) and called the x264
encoding functions with proper arguments.
So now the options are just passed to some x264 function and this will
take care of parsing the arguments? So the bug is somewhere here?

Markus