[MEncoder-users] Cannot pass bitrate via command line when using mencoder's profiles

Markus Bonet m.bonet at t-online.de
Sat Dec 11 15:04:53 CET 2010

Am 07.12.2010 08:11, schrieb Reimar Döffinger:

> That is a bug then. I at least don't think I'll have time to look
> into it any time soon though.

So it should work, at least? I mean: spefiy all general parameters in
the profile and set the bitrate during runtime?
>> I tested with
>> 50 kbit/s for the video (looks like expected).
> Huh? I don't get what this sentence is supposed to mean.
Sorry for not being clear here: I set the bitrate to 50 kbit/s in the
profile and set the bitrate with the command line to 2000 kbit/s. But
the video looks definetly like 50 kbit/s. ;-)

Markus