[MEncoder-users] Ripped DVD Sync issues

- stellarpower at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 18 18:33:43 CEST 2010

I captured some footage the other day using my dvd recorder onto a dvd rw. I
think that the files don't conform fully to the dvd standards, because
mplayer is the only computer program that can play or rip the video
correctly. Anyway, I used -dumpvideo and -dumpaudio to rip the content, and
encoded it. I had to add an audio delay because they don't sync otherwise.
The problem I have is that after about 45 minutes, the audio is now a second
behind the video. Is it possible to stretch the audio in mencoder or will I
have to drop a few frames from the video? I thought that the harddup option
was supposed to sort out problems like these.