[MEncoder-users] mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy h264 hangs

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 13:19:07 CEST 2010

 On 8/12/2010 3:27 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > MEncoder 1.0rc3-4.3.4 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
>
> This is ancient, please try latest svn before reporting problems.
Is it? I see rc3 at http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/ with a
date of May 29 2010. Latest SVN release is always best, though.
Anyway, I'd recommend some other tool for plain remuxing. AVI's not a
good container for AVC (Matroska is much for AVC + AC3 if you don't want
to use MPEG-TS), but you may need that setup. In any case, if the muxer
program you need to use won't demux, tsMuxeR is great for demuxing and
remuxing MPEG-TS-contained streams.