[MEncoder-users] ac3 mistaken for mp3 in recent versions of MEncoder

Laine Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 29 23:50:19 CEST 2010

On 4/29/10 2:55 PM, "Reimar Döffinger" <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> You are making a insurmountable mountain out of a rather trivial problem.

It's just a matter of accomplishment vs. aptitude (not *that* aptitude, my
own). :)

> Why do you wan them to have the same duration, it does not matter for
> analyzing
> the issue.
> What you should do:
> you run
> mencoder 'Clip.mp4' -oac copy -audiofile 'Clip.ac3' ...
> It fails.
> Then you do
> dd if=Clip.mp4 of=cut.mp4 bs=1024 count=4096
> dd if=Clip.ac3 of=cut.ac3 bs=1024 count=4096
> Then you make cut.mp4 and cut.ac3 somehow available to us (e.g. upload to
> ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming ).
> The cut .mp4 may be useless, but maybe the ac3 file alone is enough to
> reproduce
> the issue anyway.

OK, I was in the process of stripping the h264 out of the proprietary muxed
original using an ffmpeg command that Henk gave me some time ago so I could
mux that with the existing ac3 file using tsMuxeR to cut off a small chunk,
when I read your reply. I just assumed that the two source files needed to
be viable and have identical durations. Here are cut.mp4 and cut.ac3,
obtained as you specified. The cut mp4 is useless as you noted. Thanks
again.

https://rowdyspace.utsa.edu/users/mek985/share/Target/cut.zip

Laine Lee