[MEncoder-users] "Too many video packets in the buffer"

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 03:27:02 CEST 2010

I've been trying to transcode some 1080i TV content now that I have
access to a machine that will do it faster than 2fps. However, I keep
getting that error and I have no idea why. I remux the video with
tsMuxeR (with the contSPS and insertSEI options) since that seems to
make a cleaner input file (fewer errors). This problem happens whether I
use the remuxed video or the original.
I was looking through the archives to see what causes this and all I
could find was something about it happening when the sync goes way off,
but that's not the case here (I watch the status line and the sync never
gets off by more than a few hundredths of a second).

mencoder input.m2ts -msglevel all=1:statusline=5 -aid 4352 -fps 50 -ofps
25 -of avi -oac copy -ovc x264 -x264encopts
crf=30:force_cfr:turbo=1:frameref=1:scenecut=0:nf:nocabac:bframes=0:partitions=none:no8x8dct:me=dia:subq=0:aq_mode=0:nointerlaced
-vf yadif=1,filmdint=io=50:25,hqdn3d=0:0:4:4,harddup -o test.avi