[MEncoder-users] mencoder cannot incrust subtitles correctly

Paul Chang paulchang6 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 14:59:25 CEST 2010

I created a video in Cinelerra and subtitles using Subtitleeditor. When I was playing the video and the subtitle together using mplayer in linux or MS media player in windows, the subtitle and the video look synchronized. However, when I use mencoder to incrust the subtitle into the video, there are several places in the middle of the video (not in the beginning, not at the end), the subtitle are shortened and disappear very quickly.

The command I used as follows:

mencoder -sub subtitle.srt -sub-bg-alpha 55 -subpos 92 -subwidth 95 inputvideo.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=1000 -oac mp3lame -lameopts br=256:vol=1 -ffourcc DIVX -o outputvideo.avi

Any help is highly appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance!