[MEncoder-users] color palette

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Mon Sep 28 11:20:14 CEST 2009

* Matyas on Sunday, September 27, 2009 at 09:54:32 -0500
> Matyas wrote:
>> So this may have to do with scaling.  Here is my filter list:
>
> Definitely a scaler bug.  I tested some scalers.  Applied them
> four times (expecting this to magnify any effect).
>
> My results:
>
> -sws 2   (bicubic spline, default) correct color
> -sws 7   (Gaussian) floating point exception
> -sws 9   (Lanzcos) incorrect color
> -sws 10  (natural bicubic spline) incorrect color

Thanks for testing. I use -sws 10 and thought it was mainly my
Mac using Gamma 1.8 by default, see also:

http://www.blacktrash.org/test/qtnodct8x8/

But it seems that -sws 2 preserves colors better even for Gamma
2.2.

  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]

_F R E E_  _V I D E O S_  --->>> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/