[MEncoder-users] Multiplexing to mpeg2

L Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 19 21:09:55 CEST 2009

I became so frustrated with some transcoding that was shortening the video
with respect to audio by about a half second for every 2 hours, that I
learned to use SOX to change the tempo of my audio very slightly so that I
could maintain sync.

I was as sure as I can be that I had carefully noted my procedure which
included re-multiplexing with mencoder. But now when I try my mux command
line, the process appears to be completed, although with many progress
messages, some of which are probably errors. But the output file is empty.
Please tell me what else should be added or substituted in this command. The
original input file consists of muxed 24 fps mpeg2 video.

mencoder original.mpg  -ovc copy -oac  copy -audiofile faster_audio.ac3
-ofps 24000/1001 -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf:muxrate=40000 -o
new_multiplexed.mpg

Thanks.

Laine Lee