[MEncoder-users] Creating WMP Mobile Compatible Videos

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 02:33:59 CEST 2009

Gordan Bobic wrote:
> I've not had any luck in producing 3gpp format,
> but I have tried this:
>
> mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1000 -ffourcc mp4v
> -of lavf -lavfopts format=mp4 -nosound -o /tmp/test.mp4 test.mkv
The container that lavf produces doesn't work with B-frames. Use MP4Box
instead. You should be able to take that file and do:

mp4box -add /tmp/test.mp4 -new /tmp/test_.mp4

and get a usable file. I don't deal with MPEG-4 video much (especially
in an MPEG-4 container), so the process /might/ be more complicated than
that. If that doesn't solve your problem, I can't really help since I
have no experience with WMP Mobile.