[MEncoder-users] Cropping fails on DVD

Grozdan microchip at telenet.be
Tue Sep 8 00:14:15 CEST 2009

2009/9/7 Jon Cosby <jon.l.cosby at gmail.com>:

>> I should also mention that I also tried to original crop values you
>> used on this sample, and I have no problem in cropping it :)
>>

> Please show me the full command you are using, because I still get borders.

The one I used to encode the sample?

mencoder chinatown1.mpeg -vf crop=688:352:4:62 -nosound -ovc xvid
-xvidencopts fixed_quant=4 -o chinatown.avi -ofps 24000/1001

I then changed the crop values with the one you provided in your first
post, and it still crops here.

also, you can check the crop area with -vf rectangle which accepts the
same values as the crop filter