[MEncoder-users] No sound at the beginning of a Freview stream

Owen Williams williams at dmu.ac.uk
Thu Sep 3 17:56:13 CEST 2009

Hello,
  I have a TV stream captured by MythTV.  The recording starts early
before the channel is actually going.  It displays the 'test card'
saying the programmes will start shortly.  There is no audio at this
point but it starts later on.

If I use mplayer to view the stream I get the video but no sound unless
I press '#'.  If if I use -s 100 or similar I still need to press '#' to
get the audio.  -aid 0 doesn't work for me either.

My problem...is that using mencoder I don't get an audio stream in the
transcoded file.

Is there an equivalent of '#' for mencoder?

I'm using MEncoder dev-SVN-r27900-4.1.2

Thanks,

Owen.