[MEncoder-users] Motion trails wanted! for art project

Jakob Wierzba jwierzba at gmx.de
Tue Oct 13 03:02:38 CEST 2009

Hi,
I'm looking for the best encoder options to enforce the - usually
unwanted - motion trails sometimes seen in low quality internet videos
or old rented DVDs.
Furthermore I'm going to flip random bits in the videostream to mess
things up even worse... (I've already done that with JPEGs and
wavelet-JPEG2000)
And I'm interested in the effects of "missed scene changes" when two
scenes mix.

So far i've experimented with last_pred and dia with mpeg4, but results
weren't that good.
Can someone think of good options to:
- keep image quality good but rely heavily on motion detection
("nice blocks that move a lot")
- make mencoder ignore scene changes (to be combined with the
motion trails)

Thanks in advance!
Jakob