[MEncoder-users] simple edl not working?

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Sat Oct 3 04:42:08 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have Debian lenny, and mplayer and mencoder from
debian-multimedia.org. MEncoder version is dev-SVN-r26940 .

I am trying to do some simple skipping (based on output of comskip,
ran under wine). The contents of the file "c.edl" are:

0.00	1.72	0
148.64	348.60	0
842.08	1073.24	0

The command line I use is:

mencoder c.ts -edl c.edl -oac copy -ovc copy -of mpeg -o c.mpg

I get no error messages, and mencoder does output "Read 3 EDL actions".

However, the resultig video is nearly an exact copy of the original,
except for a format change (TS to MPG). Only the first specified piece
(0.00 to 1.72) is skipped. And if I delete that line, nothing at all
is skipped.

What should I do to fix this and make mencoder skip the specified parts?

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik