[MEncoder-users] edl for transport stream

Etienne Buira etienne.buira.lists at free.fr
Thu Oct 1 23:42:46 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 05:30:03PM +0200, Malte Schhhnemann wrote:
> RC wrote:
> > On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:22:04 +0200
> > Malte Schünemann <malte.schuenemann at web.de> wrote:
> >

> >> Even edl  scripts created via -edlout do not work - scenes cut out are
> >> different  from what I selected before.
> >>

> > -hr-edl-seek
> >

> Thanks for that suggestion - however, I did not succeed with that
> additional option specified.

Hi.

I don't really understand the problem, nor how it 'did not succeed',
but I'll describe you a known to work method to skip commercials.

1. Play your file, using -edlout edl_file, pressing 'i' when needed
2a. If you don't want to reencode the streams (just remux, -oac copy
-ovc copy), you can just specify -edl edl_file, and the cut will not be
accurate, as mencoder has to resume remuxing on the next I frame.
2b. You want to reencode the streams, using -oac xxx -ovc xxx with xxx
others than 'copy', and then you specify -hr-edl-seek -edl edl_file, and
then the cut should be accurate.

Please give some tries, and if it doesn't work like you want, please
tell how you differ from the method I suggested, your exact command
lines, mencoder's outputs, your edl file, as well as the result of
'ffmpeg -i your_tv_capture.ts'.