[MEncoder-users] Decoding mjpeg with mencoder

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Nov 16 11:45:40 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 11:12:25AM +0100, Dirk Plate wrote:
> '-demuxer lavf' in Moritz command works well, but in my command not.
> Maybe a problem in combination with the video-filters or x264-Codec?

Unlikely, you can try reducing extra options to see if it makes the
issue go away.

> Thanks for your detailed description of the errors in this file. These
> files are uploaded to our website by our users. I think there are some
> mobiles or cameras which ignore the rules of an avi-file. ;)
> But with your analysis I can explain the users, why we can't convert
> their files.

Well, I actually decided to apply a patch that I think should detect this
situation reliably enough and allow playing those files without (I hope)
breaking any others.
Still, personally I'd recommend anyone who has such files to convert
them since if the index gets broken somehow those files will probably
be impossible to play with anything, thus significantly increasing the
risk of data loss.