[MEncoder-users] x264 encoding slower after updating libx264

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 16:11:14 CET 2009

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 12:58:24 +0000 (UTC)
Loren Merritt <lorenm at u.washington.edu> wrote:

> MB-tree is enabled by default now, didn't exist in api67, and takes a
> bunch of memory.
> B-frames and multiref are enabled by default now, weren't in api67, and
> take some memory and cpu-time.
> RDO, trellis, and several other options are enabled by default
> now, weren't in api67, and take cpu-time.
> All of the above also affect filesize.

	And all of these options result in better quality? Because I
didn't notice any improvement in the quality... of course I'm just
looking at the video (I didn't do any scientific comparison).

	Anyway the turbo option solved my problem. When I change to a
core i7 system I hope it will be fast enough for this encoding. :)

--
Linux 2.6.31: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity