[MEncoder-users] x264 encoding slower after updating libx264

Loren Merritt lorenm at u.washington.edu
Sat Nov 14 13:58:24 CET 2009

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 09:16:32AM +0100, belcampo wrote:
>
>> Maybe OT, but I saw that memory-size
>> a while running increased severly > 100%
>> b files-size 15-20% increase
>
> Not sure, but there are new features like mb-tree which might cause
> this, I have no idea what is enabled by default.

MB-tree is enabled by default now, didn't exist in api67, and takes a
bunch of memory.
B-frames and multiref are enabled by default now, weren't in api67, and
take some memory and cpu-time.
RDO, trellis, and several other options are enabled by default
now, weren't in api67, and take cpu-time.
All of the above also affect filesize.

--Loren Merritt