[MEncoder-users] composite input a/v sync issue

Miroslav Rovis m.rovis at inet.hr
Thu Nov 12 15:52:12 CET 2009

Correction:
I do have one issue left, even if the above works.
And that is: it's at the top of my box' power that this processing
costs, performance-wise.
So if I don't stop this (see my previous post):
mencoder -forceidx VHS_no032_HHMMSS.avi -ovc ...
indexing of the captured output, by issuing Ctrl-Z, before mencoder
wraps it up...
If I don't stop the above task every 500 or so seconds, and then only
foreground or background it (fg or bg), till the system "grasps some
more air", and then again fg, Ctrl-Z, fg Ctrl-Z, in regular intervals,
the system
chokes and goes thrashing, and I get buffer underuns and lose data...
But that is a minor issue in comparison with all that I've grappled with
so far in this thread...
Wow, that was long talking.
I hope this helps someone else as well.
Thanks if anyone gives me a "proper wrapping up" option that let's the
sync be.