[MEncoder-users] Determining proper frame rate

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 23:05:16 CET 2009

Jason Simpson wrote:
> From your example rates, I'm guessing that you are dealing with NTSC
> video sources.

Yes.
> I use the script below that checks twenty one-second samples of
> video at various spots throughout the input stream to
> pseudo-statistically determine if the video is primarily telecined.
>
> Hope this is helpful.

Seems it isn't telecined according to your script, which is exactly what
I thought. Thanks.

While we're on the subject, I have material that I know is telecined at
60000/1001fps and I want it at half that (it's on a network that does
720p at 60000/1001 and the material is originally 1080i at 30000/1001).
-ofps 30000/1001 doesn't work. There's some discussion about 60fps
telecined material on the list, but I didn't quite understand it and I
think it's for getting 24000/1001fps anyway.