[MEncoder-users] Telecine option appears to harm 24 fps MPEG-2 output

L Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 29 02:21:18 CEST 2009

After consulting this list and researching documentation, I decided to
create standard DVD source files using this option string when my encoding
options yield 24 fps output:

 -mpegopts format=dvd:telecine:tsaf

But when I create a DVD using DVD author with no further encoding, all set
top players tested (even a new Samsung Blu-ray player) intermittently add
stutters at regular intervals (more than one second, less than two, by my
guess). When I change that option string to

 -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf

the output DVD plays flawlessly wherever I play it.

Why would that be happening? Am I using the option wrong, or leaving
something else out? Thanks.

--
Laine Lee