[MEncoder-users] A/V sync issues with separately encoded streams

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 09:04:17 CEST 2009

It appears VLC (which is the media player I use most often) was not
keeping it synced. There is a very slight difference, perhaps 30ms or
that the audio is delayed in VLC, yet MPlayer seems to play it
perfectly. If anyone is interested, I can provide a link to both the AVI
file produced by MEncoder and the final MP4 file. I've been going a bit
cuckoo trying to keep it synced and all along it was VLC's fault! It
could possibly be that VLC is not decoding HE-AAC properly.