[MEncoder-users] Segmentation fault when reading certain DVDs

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Mar 31 13:10:06 CEST 2009

Dave Hill wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a bug to report along with a proposal for a fix.
>
> I've been getting a segmentation fault when trying to convert some
> dvds to avi.

> I downloaded the source, rebuilt with debugging and found the issue.
> It was crashing at:
> 0x0816aebb in ifoFree_PTL_MAIT (ifofile=0x8b1e1a8)
>     at libdvdread4/ifo_read.c:1352
>

> The issue was that some of the pointers were being freed earlier (at
> the "Unable to seak PTL_MAIT"), but there was still a reference to
> that freed memory that was being double-freed later.
>
> I wasn't sure where/who to tell about the fix - hopefully, I'm
> posting it to the right place.

Patches should go to mplayer-dev-eng (for MPlayer/MEncoder) or
ffmpeg-devel (for libav*), following the guidelines in
DOCS/tech/patches.txt.

Bug reports need information which you did not provide - specifically, a
backtrace and register dump. Full instructions are in
DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html. That may or may not be necessary in this
case, since you've provided a patch, but it's a good idea for general
purposes.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.