[MEncoder-users] colorspace change interlaced pal-dv -> progressive computer screen output

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Sun Mar 29 13:05:23 CEST 2009

Hello,

layman's description:

When converting interlaced pal dvvideo sources (exported from
Final Cut) for progressive display on computer screens -- no
matter what kind of deinterlacing filter and output codec I use
-- the colors become pale, washed/bleached out.

According to what I've googled on the matter this is because
(traditional) tv screens use a different colorspace than computer
screens.

Please feel free to help me to describe this more precisely ;-)

Is there some kind of magic eg. -vf format= switch to compensate
for this?

At the moment the best bet I've come up with so far is to play
with -vf eq2. Is there a better way? If not, I'm also interested
in parameters that others use.

TIA

  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]
_F R E E_  _V I D E O S_  http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/
                          http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/index-en.html