[MEncoder-users] mcdeint=2 segfault

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Sun Mar 29 00:04:49 CET 2009

* Reimar Döffinger on Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 23:41:05 +0100
> On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 11:22:30PM +0100, Christian Ebert wrote:
>> * Reimar Döffinger on Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 19:50:21 +0100
>>> yadif=1 is about
>>> the best you can get - which is still lower quality than storing the
>>> interlaced video in DV and doing proper deinterlacing on playback.
>
> Sorry, I meant yadif=0
>
>> Could you elaborate, perhaps even with an example, on "proper
>> deinterlacing"?
>
> framerate-doubling deinterlacing.

Ok, have to find a way to sync the sound then. Don't hesitate to
give me pointers though ;-)

In fact I am _very_ interested in this for playback via a
projector.

There's also the problem of the pale/bleached/washed out colors
of the progressive result, which I try to fight with -vf eq2 ...

>> At the moment I use the command (with mcdeint=1 of course) above
>> all as intermediate step before converting eg. to mp4. The
>> viewing experience of the deinterlacing result of
>> yadif=3,mcdeint=1:1:10,softskip,harddup
>> has been the best/smoothest compared to other methods I tried on
>> my source material -- pp=lb | pp=fd | yadif=0 | yuvfps of
>> mjpegtools (not bad though).
>
> If you do not set -ofps to the double of -fps every second generated
> frame will be dropped. Well, maybe it is still better than plain
> yadif=0, but at least it is not optimal.

Sure. But as a basis for mp4 or flv streaming or ipod/iphone
files I think this is preferable over a framerate of 50 fps --
unless you convince me of the contrary ;-)

  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]
_F R E E_  _V I D E O S_  http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/
                          http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/index-en.html