[MEncoder-users] DVD creation problem, settop player cuts off boarder

Phil Ehrens phil at slug.org
Mon Mar 23 23:11:42 CET 2009

karl-heinz-1950 at web.de wrote:

> [...]

The source material can have any resolution. It could be 320x240,
or 720x480, or 1920x1280. The output is 720x480, with the original
source now occupying 656x448 and with black bars. I suggested
passing the arguments to mplayer because then mplayer would
declare (if you are using the cli in a terminal) what the output
resolution was, so there would be no question.

I use 32 and 16 pixel borders for 4:3 and 16:9 full frame output.

I use 32 and 64 pixel borders for 2.35:1 letterboxed into 16:9.

I use custom borders when I need to make small adjustments to the
aspect ratio.