[MEncoder-users] How can you audition each of the 6 channels in an ac3 audio stream?

L Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 23 00:33:02 CET 2009

I'm not sure this is a valid question, but can you audition each of the 6
channels in an ac3 audio stream with mplayer? With any other open source
method such as VLC? I have doubts about some conversions I'm trying, and
although info tells me both input and output have 6 channels, I hope I might
at least be able to hear whether each channel contains something besides
silence. I don't have a way to physically separate the output for each
channel, so it doesn't matter much now, but maybe it will in the future.
Thanks.

--
Laine Lee