[MEncoder-users] Mencoder and vdpau decoding

Robert Ramiega jedi at plukwa.net
Wed Mar 18 19:46:52 CET 2009

  Hi!

 For some time mplayer can use vdpau to accelerate decoding and displaying
of h264 among others. Now is there posibility to use this in the decoding
phase of mencoder? If yes, could you please point me to right direction?
TIA

 Bit of background: i've an xbox360 and most of the time I need to reencode
from h.264 to mp4 to hardcode subs. I don't have an idea how big impact on
the speed of reencoding is on decode side but if i can gain a bit by using
hardware decoders I'd be more than happy

	Best regards
		Robert
--
 NameLess, the Jedi     | Just a friendly Jedi Knight
 Robert Ramięga         | http://nlj.plukwa.net/