[MEncoder-users] unable to encode to dvvideo - can't initialize dv format!

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Mar 15 16:33:04 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 01:38:58AM +0100, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> I still cant get the audio and video in sync even when trying to mach the
> -ofps to the displayed value of mencoder, but I think i will start a new
> mail tread over this.

I guess your v4l2 driver does not set the buffer timestamp values.
Try recording with "-msglevel tv=9" that should print the timing values
mencoder detects.
I'd also verify that the v4l2 audio device indeed can record at 48kHz
and doesn't just claim to why actually recording at 44.1kHz, thus
delivering audio too slowly.
And the DV encoding speed can't really be an issue, I can encode at > 150 fps
even with my "AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+".