[MEncoder-users] Demuxing and 6 channel ac3 audio

L Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 9 22:41:59 CET 2009

On 3/9/09 4:15 PM, "Henk Schoneveld" <belcampo at zonnet.nl> wrote:

>> Thanks, Henk. My encoding command currently uses "-of mpeg -mpegopts
>> format=dvd:tsaf".
> You explicitely say here put it in a mpeg container, which you later
> have to demux.
>   I substituted "-of rawvideo" for that and everything seems
>> to work the way I had hoped it would, without adding your command as an
>> additional step. Is that OK
> I think so.
> , or do I risk problems by using "-of rawvideo"
> What problems ?

Unanticipated problems. You already answered with "I think so", I was trying
to further explain my question, just in case I hadn't made it clear what I
meant by "Is that OK". You are helping me understand which parts of the
command pertain to format and which pertain to container, which is a bit
difficult for me to grasp sometimes, and that's why my questions are often
imprecise.

>> instead of "-of mpeg"?
>>
>> Also, do I risk problems making a DVD by ignoring dvdauthor's warning that
>> the 24 fps frame rate of the input file is incorrect?
> Try with a smaller file and you'll know it in a few hours.

I will.

Thanks again.

Laine