[MEncoder-users] Demuxing and 6 channel ac3 audio

L Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 9 21:50:31 CET 2009

On 3/9/09 2:19 PM, "Henk Schoneveld" <belcampo at zonnet.nl> wrote:

>> Is there a way to perform the mencoder video encoding step so that the
>> mencoder output is recognized as a video stream with no audio (a la .m2v) by
>> mplex so that I don't have to run an additional demuxing operation on it?
>> I've tried using the -demuxer option as well as specifying the ".m2v" name
>> extension for the output, but all methods I've used to determine the format
>> of the results report muxed video even though no audio stream is present.
> mencoder source.mpg -oac copy -ovc copy -of rawvideo -o
> only-video-from-source.m2v

Thanks, Henk. My encoding command currently uses "-of mpeg -mpegopts
format=dvd:tsaf". I substituted "-of rawvideo" for that and everything seems
to work the way I had hoped it would, without adding your command as an
additional step. Is that OK, or do I risk problems by using "-of rawvideo"
instead of "-of mpeg"?

Also, do I risk problems making a DVD by ignoring dvdauthor's warning that
the 24 fps frame rate of the input file is incorrect?

Thanks again.

Laine