[MEncoder-users] edl for transport stream

Malte Schünemann malte.schuenemann at web.de
Sun Jun 28 20:22:04 CEST 2009

My receiver for TV programmes stores videos as transport stream. I tried
cutting out scenes (e.g. commercials) using -edl - however, it seems
that the transaport stream does not use seconds as time unit. Even edl
scripts created via -edlout do not work - scenes cut out are different
from what I selected before.

Sure, I can re-encode using mencoder and do that job with the output
file - in fact, this is what I am doing now. However, does anybody know
how I can edit the transport stream properly ? It would spare me one
long step of re-emcoding.

Malte