[MEncoder-users] Autos shut off solution?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Jun 16 00:27:12 CEST 2009

On 06/15/2009 08:15 AM, Patrick wrote:

> Hey Everyone
>
> Like many of you, I would like to digitize my VHS tapes. I have found
> the correct mencoder command but now I am wondering if there is a
> way to stop the recording automatically?

Stop it at what point?

If you just want to have the capture finish when the tape ends, that
should (I think) happen automatically.

If you want to stop at some undetermined point before that (say, if your
recordings don't always take up the entire tape), that's harder, but can
probably be done via -endpos if you figure out the "total recording
time" in advance.

If you want something else, you'll have to be specific.

> It would be nice to be able to start a recording and then go to bed.
>
> Thanks in advance-Patrick
>
> BTW is it pronounced M -encoder or Men-coder?

The official name is "MEncoder", just like "MPlayer". The "Encoder" is
pronounced more or less as if it were a separate word. So, of your two
options, the former is the closer to correct.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.