[MEncoder-users] muxing audio and video with mencoder (avi/ lavc)

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 31 00:17:25 CEST 2009

On 07/30/2009 05:04 PM, Bernd Butscheidt wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> I already posted this to the mplayer-user list, but knowing that this
> list exists, this was maybe the wrong place:

You also just hijacked a thread.

Hitting Reply on an existing message and changing the Subject line
doesn't start a new thread (unless your mail client is broken); it just
changes the Subject line of an existing thread. In order to start a new
thread, it is necessary to create a new message from scratch.

> I convert e.g. my TV recordings to avi using mencoder.
>
> But all files muxed with mencoder confuse my stand alone player (elta
> 8843)- it cannot fast forward or rewind through the file or isn't
> able to jump to a manually selected time stamp.

> Is this some kind of bug in mencoder or do I miss a switch/ command
> line option?

At a guess: try '-noodml'.

--
       The Wanderer