[MEncoder-users] Help on x264 and theora SSIM test

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Jul 30 20:22:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:15:40 +0200, Federico Pistono wrote:

> The comparisons I found by googling used the MSU Video Quality
> Measurement Tool, but I don't have any access to a Windows machine,
> and I'm having trouble compiling the java/c++ implementations from
> Zhou Wang's website:
>
> http://www.ece.uwaterloo.ca/~z70wang/research/ssim/

I have no idea what those implementations are good for, but I can
compile the C++ program from http://mehdi.rabah.free.fr/SSIM/
successfully.

A small patch for new gccs:
-#include <iostream.h>
+#include <iostream>
+using namespace std;

and then:
make SSIM CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/opencv" CXX=g++ CXXFLAGS="-Wall -O2" \
  LDFLAGS="-lcv -lhighgui"
(requires opencv).

Not sure whether this gives you a filter or not. Good luck reading the
source. :)

HTH,
Moritz