[MEncoder-users] picking up x264 library

Matyas mplayer.list at sustik.com
Sun Jul 26 22:18:30 CEST 2009

Thanks for the answers!

Grozdan wrote:
> Easiest is to just remove *all* x264 stuff on your machine, get latest
> x264 git and compile with --enable-shared, then compile mplayer

I need the older versions for some packages (mythtv for example).
ldd does not show libx264 which makes me worried.  I tried:

./configure --disable-x264-lavc --codecsdir=/usr/local/lib

hoping that the x264 from /usr/local/lib will be used, but still no joy.

I used --enable-shared for x264 but since it still puts stuff in
/usr/local/lib  I added links to the .so from /usr/lib/.  That at least is
producing something different:

dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: no dependency information found for
/usr/lib/libx264.so.68 (used by debian/mplayer/usr/bin/mencoder).

I have the feeling that I am going the wrong way about this.  A search on
gmane in mencoder.users does not turn up the above error message.  I
certainly can read the docs about dpkg-shlibdeps, but it feels I am getting
sucked into lower and lower level details.

Matyas
-
Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.