[MEncoder-users] picking up x264 library

Matyas mplayer.list at sustik.com
Sun Jul 26 20:13:57 CEST 2009

Grozdan wrote:
> MEncoder has picked up your old x264. If you don't need it, remove it

I guess I am confused by the locations.  The last step of my usual x264
install process is:

# make install
install -d /usr/local/bin /usr/local/include
install -d /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
install -m 644 x264.h /usr/local/include
install -m 644 libx264.a /usr/local/lib
install -m 644 x264.pc /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
install x264 /usr/local/bin

I kind of assumed this removes (overwrites) the old versions.  I will
ask/verify at x264-devel.  I will poke around the mencoder configure script,
however it was (is) somewhat a mystery for me that mencoder picks up an old
version.

Note that I am building a debian package with
'fakeroot debian/rules binary', could that somehow part of my problem?

Thanks.
Matyas
-
Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.

--
Matyas
-