[MEncoder-users] Encode video with timestamp?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Jul 24 21:17:41 CEST 2009

Hi, Dâniel,

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 06:30:46 -0300, Dâniel Fraga wrote:
> 	Is it possible to grab video from webcam and put the timestamp
> (like hour and date) on all frames in realtime?

May I recommend you to use "motion" to record your webcam?
http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome
Use an option such
text_right %Y-%m-%d\n%T-%q
in motion.conf for the timestamp (though with an "ugly" fixed font, no
freetype support).

"motion" detects changes in the images and records them to images or
video. It _should_ be able to do continuous recording with the
"output_all" option, but I haven't tried that myself.

HTH,
Moritz