[MEncoder-users] Mencoder playlist with subtitles (was display filename)

Patrick optomatic at rogers.com
Fri Jan 30 19:42:20 CET 2009

Hi Everyone

Thanks to Peter's suggestion I wrote a Python script to automatically
create subtitle files.

With Mplayer's playlist feature the subtitle file will automatically
load with the video, everything works perfectly.

Mencoder does not seem to have a playlist option and when I wrote the
following bash script only the first subtitle file was encoded:

mencoder -ovc lavc -vf scale=300:300  -ofps 20 \
abbreviate.swf -sub abbreviate.srt  \
abc_s.swf -sub abc_s.srt -o mencoder.mpeg

I have about 5K .swf files and 5k .srt files I would like to encode into
one video is there someway for me to do this?

Thanks for reading-Patrick