[MEncoder-users] pullup question

Matyas Sustik mplayer.list at sustik.com
Tue Jan 20 03:09:39 CET 2009

L Lee wrote:
> strategies have proved useful to me. Most sources that I've encountered for
> which pullup was needed were 60 fps progressive telecined video.
>
> framestep=2,filmdint=fast=0,softskip,harddup -fps 60000/1001 -ofps
> 24000/1001 (also needed was the option "-noskip")
>
> decimate=3:3072:.2:4096,harddup -fps 60000/1001 -ofps 24000/1001
>
> Decimate proved more useful when converting source passages for which the
> pulldown pattern was not extremely consistent (frequent occurrences of
> 4-frame patterns rather than 5-frame patterns were present).
>
> Please let me know if either of these work for you. My conversions resulted
> in  frame repeat patterns similar to what you described when I used the
> filter chain and options you specified.

Thank you very much!  I tried the filmdint filter and -fps 60000/1001 -ofps
24000/1001 and the result was a sped up video.

I also run a sample just with: -vf filmdint=fast=0,softskip,harddup and -fps
30000/1001 -ofps 24000/1001 the speed was back to normal, however, there are
some yellow blocks along the top edge of the image which was not in the
original.  The frames are not repeated, but the "quality" is not completely
even.  It would be ok if not for the yellow blocks.

Thanks for bringing filmdint to my attention. I overlooked it and considered
pullup only until now.

I am rerunning with the verbose option to see exactly what is going on.
Thanks,
Matyas
-
Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.