[MEncoder-users] specify output format in profile

James Hastings-Trew jimht at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 15 04:08:57 CET 2009

I'm trying to make a profile that contains most of my most used command
line options. However, I have come across a problem: If I try to specify
the output format in the profile as:

of=rawvideo

I get an error that says "Error: suboption 'rawvideo' of 'of' must have
a parameter!
Error parsing option of=rawvideo at line 3"

If I specify the output format in the profile as:

of=rawvideo=1

the encode seems to work, but I notice this error going by: "WARNING:
OUTPUT FILE FORMAT IS _AVI_. See -of help."

So it seems I still have to include -of rawvideo on the command line,
and can't include it in the profile. This is with MEncoder
Sherpya-SVN-r28311-4.2.5 (the latest build on Guliani's site). Any ideas
of why this isn't working?