[MEncoder-users] Using decimate to detelecine stubborn passage, how to suppress skip messages

L Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 12 18:13:54 CET 2009

I've been successfully using a combination of framestep and filmdint to
convert some telecined 720p from 60 fps to the original 24 fps for output as
mpeg2 (DVD). I have a stubborn passage of video in which every resulting
12th frame is a duplicate of the previous frame, so I tried using instead
"decimate=3:3072:.2:4096", which resulted in splendid-looking video, but I
discovered that the audio was drifting increasingly with time.

I remembered that the framestep filter chain had required me to add
"-noskip" to make it reliable for long video passages. Removing that fixed
the audio drift problem for decimate. But the command output includes an
excessive number of "skipping frame!" messages. Is there a way to suppress
those messages? Thanks.

Laine Lee