[MEncoder-users] debian package from SVN

RVM rvm3000 at ya.com
Sat Jan 10 23:58:08 CET 2009

El Sábado, 10 de Enero de 2009 22:45, Matyas Sustik escribió:
> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> > I think it's kind of cleaner to have a package for mencoder, mplayer,
> > and mplayer-gui, so if debian-multimedia.org people could send us a
> > _clean_ patch to generate splitted packages, it may get included in
> > MPlayer's source tree.
>
> I made the changes that achieved this, but since I am quite new at debian
> package creation I may need some pointers in order to get a clean patch out
> of it...
>
> I was not sure how one is supposed to create two packages using one
> debian/rules file.

It's possible.

> My solution used separate sets of control files for the
> packages (control.mplayer, control.mencoder) and I create links in the make
> commands.  If someone has a pointer to an example showing the proper way I
> welcome that.

I'm creating deb packages for mplayer from svn:
https://launchpad.net/~rvm/+archive

The files in debian/ are actually taken from the ubuntu packages, I've just
commented some lines to avoid to compile mplayer twice (one with gui, another
without it) and a few other changes. It creates several packages: mplayer,
mplayer-doc and mencoder.

--
RVM