[MEncoder-users] Fwd: MOV to Xvid - skipping frame

Atlag Bela konti-list at freemail.hu
Wed Jan 7 21:28:59 CET 2009

Hi,

I would like to encode MOV videos produced by my Lumix camera.
I use the following commands to encode to Xvid:

mencoder $1 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts threads=2:pass=1 -oac copy -o /dev/null
mencoder $1 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts threads=2:pass=2:max_bframes=2:chroma_opt:vhq=1:qpel:bitrate=2500 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr=3:aq=0:br=128 -o $1.xvid

The problem is that the audio is not in sync with the video in the output file. I recognised a lots of "Skipping frame!" messages on the console. Maybe this is the reason why the audio and video are not sychronized.
Is there any problem with the commands I use?

thx,
konti