[MEncoder-users] Converting H.264-AVC 1920 X 1080 to mpeg-2

L Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 20 05:47:13 CET 2009

On 2/19/09 4:26 PM, "belcampo" <belcampo at zonnet.nl> wrote:

> I have interlaced h264 files in an mp4 container, which an can trancode
> the following way
> MP4Box -raw 1 nameof.mp4
> MP4Box -raw 2(wanted audio-channel number) nameof.mp4
> after that you have nameof_track1.h264 and nameof_track2.ac3 (or other
> extension which depends on the source of your audio track.
>
> I transcode these raw files with ffmpeg, but mencoder will also be
> possible to de desired, in your case dvd-format.
>
> Hope it helps

Thanks very much, belcampo, for these suggestions. Mplayer and mencoder can
seem to take these raw files generated by MP4Box and output video from them
with excellent picture quality, only I don't know how to tell Mencoder how
to establish frame selection or frame rate. When I try to use any of the
pullup constructs I've collected or even if I try no pullup at all, I just
see constantly appearing notifications of duplicate frames during
processing, and the resulting output contains extremely haphazard motion
from slow motion to jerks to stutters to freezes. Please offer suggestions
about how to establish mencoder's frame selection and frame rate when
converting the files from MP4Box to mpeg-2. Thanks again.

Laine