[MEncoder-users] V210 Codec

P.J. Trudell pjtrudell at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 05:02:19 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 06:18:39AM -0800, P.J. Trudell wrote:

I hope someone working with the v210 codec can point me in the right
direction.  I had it working once but had to wipe the machine and I
can't seem to get there again.

You could just apply attached patch to MPlayer.
If someone has or can create a video in that v210 format with e.g. a width of
704 (or any other resolution that is divisible by 64 but not 128) I'd be
interested (the current patch _might_ break with that, unfortunately I
found no official specification of the format).
Not you need to apply it to a very recent version of MPlayer or it will
crash.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger

Reimar,
I am not quite sure how to apply the patch.  Is there an advantage to recompiling with this patch over installing the blackmagic codec and changing the codecs.conf file?  I am game to try anything.  By the way the black magic codec seems to work well.

Thanks for your help.

P.J.