[MEncoder-users] Transcoding challenge

Jon Drukman jdrukman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 22:33:38 CET 2009

Grozdan wrote:
> do not use the lavf muxer as mencoder is currently broken when used with it.
> Instead output to AVI and then remux with MP4Box

outputting as avi doesn't make a difference - the video still runs
ahead of the audio.

> your settings are also a bit odd. Use instead
>
> -ovc x264 -x264encopts
> bitrate=640:me=umh:subq=7:frameref=2:nocabac:no8x8dct:bframes=0:level_idc=30

no difference.

> if you still get a/v problems, add -mc 0 -noskip somewhere in the mencoder
> line

doesn't make a difference.

here is the new command line with your suggestions added:

mencoder test.mov -o "test.avi" -oac lavc -ovc x264 -lavcopts
acodec=libfaac \
-x264encopts
bitrate=640:me=umh:subq=7:frameref=2:nocabac:no8x8dct:bframes=0:level_idc=30
-mc 0 -noskip

i also tried using -oac faac but it makes no difference.

-jsd-