[MEncoder-users] Preserve interlacing

Eduardo P eduardorp1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 22:53:41 CET 2009

Hello,

What would be the mencoder options to reduce a video from 1080i/60Hz to
480i/60Hz, in order to record to DVD and keep it at 60 fields per second,
preserving the interlacing?

In other words, I would like each field of my source video to become a field
of my destination format, which then I want to record on DVD and watch on
TV. I want to have that buttery smooth 60Hz motion.

I think I should use tfields but I'm a bit confused. What tfields option
would be appropriate? Do I have to use tinterlace subsequently?

Thanks
Eduardo