stjepan.brbot at zg.t-com.hr
Thu Feb 5 10:48:42 CET 2009
I would appreciate if someone could explain to me this indexing in movie
file and rebuilding index (-idx or -forceidx parameters).
* What this index is?
* Where it is stored and how it affects the movie size?
* Does each move have an index?
* What this indexing is used for?
* When one needs to recreate index?
* Is it good idea (if encoding time is not important) to recreate index
for each encoding?
* When I start my movie in standalone DVD player and try to fast forward
it at the beginning player needs to "rebuild index" firstly - what is
this (what is correlation)?
More information about the MEncoder-users