[MEncoder-users] Different parameters in two-pass encoding

Stjepan Brbot stjepan.brbot at zg.t-com.hr
Sun Feb 1 23:12:29 CET 2009

Hi,

several times on Internet and this mailing lists archive I found that
people recommend setting parameter "turbo" in 1st pass encoding while
omitting it in 2nd pass. Or even, to define only subset of parameters in
1st step and put several additional parameters (like mdb=2:vhq=4) in 2nd
pass. Generally speaking, is this correct? In my opinion 1st pass log is
used for better redistribution of bitrate in 2nd pass encoding but 1st
pass log should be created with exactly the same conditions (encoding
parameters). Isn't it?